tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Surman" <skipsw...@hotmail.com>
Subject tomcat 4.1.18 / apache 2.0.44 / red hat 8
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:03:29 GMT
Hi.  Does anyone know of a good HOWTO for configuring Tomcat 4.1.18 with
Apache 2.0.44 under Red Hat 8?  I have read several texts and several web
postings, but all omit important details.  I am anxiously awaiting a HOWTO
on this particular configuration from John Turner, but maybe something
already exists somewhere?

I'd like something that discusses "standard" configuration options (what is
best practice for setting appropriate install directory structure for both
Tomcat / Apache with ./configure?) and provides a detailed discussion on
Tomcat integration with Apache.

I'd prefer to use RPMs, but I can't find one for Apache 2.0.44, so instead
I've decided to buiild everything, which I don't mind doing .. but I'm
worried that upgrading and apply security fixes and patches will be
difficult in the future.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.
S.