tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jake Robb <jaker...@mac.com>
Subject jk2 config -- uri directive for root context?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:13:10 GMT
Okay, I've almost got this figured out.

I've got JK2 working with Tomcat 4.1.18 and Apache 2.0.44, with much credit
due to Paul Branson and his tutorial, found here:

http://undergraduate.cs.uwa.edu.au/units/233.410/submissions/bransp02/presen
tation.pdf

My only remaining problem is that I'm not sure exactly how to set up the
[uri] directive for the root context.

I've got Apache set up (with the DirectoryIndex directive) to serve
index.jsp by default.  When I check the server (link below), I get an HTTP
500 error:

http://65.42.173.103/

No error messages are appended to my error_log file.

The relevant part of my workers2.properties file looks like this:

# Uri mapping
[uri:/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

It's apparent that Apache is forwarding the request to Tomcat, but Tomcat
isn't finding the source file.  The source jsp files are located at:

/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/

I tried putting them in webapps/ROOT, but that didn't help.

Do I have the source location wrong, or the URI directive?  Or both?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake Robb