tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis van den Berg" <Dennis.vandenB...@triodos.nl>
Subject RE: Invalid no-cache http headers
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:42:00 GMT
Adam,

Your solution should work fine.
However, I consider this is a bug, and therefore I wondered if other people agree with me
on this point.
I used a simple Filter to work around the Tomcat bug;

/**
 * <p>Title: </p>
 * <p>Description: Reset cache-control headers set by Tomcat.
 * These headers are set by newer Tomcat versions in the case
 * the request is for a protected URL. We consider this a bug
 * in Tomcat. If we do not reset these headers nothing will be
 * cached, so the back-button will not work properly, and also
 * in the 'open/save'-dialog, open will not work.</p>
 * @author Dennis van den Berg
 * @version 1.0
 */
public class CacheControlFilter implements Filter {

  FilterConfig filterConfig = null;

  public void init(FilterConfig filterConfig) throws ServletException {
    this.filterConfig = filterConfig;
  }

  public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, FilterChain chain)
throws IOException, ServletException {
    /** reset headers set by new Tomcat Connector to enable caching
     */
    HttpServletResponse httpResponse = (HttpServletResponse)response;
    httpResponse.setHeader("Pragma",null);
    httpResponse.setHeader("Cache-Control",null);
    chain.doFilter(request, response);
  }

  public void destroy() {
    filterConfig = null;