tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: 4.1.18 won't unpack my .war file
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:35:14 GMT
> From what you have described, it is not the WAR file itself that is the
> problem.  It is a configuration problem with naming the WAR or deploying
the
> web application.
> What does your build.properties (or build.xml) file define ${context} to
be?
> (Remember that case matter here.)

It used to say:
  <property name="context" value="bendev" />

I changed it to
  <property name="context" value="benefactor" />

and for no reason that I can figure out, everything now works fine.  (I
swear that's all I changed, but I understand if you don't believe me.  I
wouldn't believe me either if I hadn't been fighting with this all morning.)

I had to shrug and move on... I have no idea why Tomcat won't unpack a file
with one particular name, but changing it by as little as one letter makes
it happy.

I appreciate the suggestions that were offered!

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.