tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Properties file [SOLVED?]
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:39:03 GMT

Howdy,
Didn't I give the ClassLoader solution earlier today on another list? ;)

Anyways, as I mentioned there, I don't like classloading resource access because I don't like
to put configuration information on the classpath.

Instead, put config.properties under your /WEB-INF directory.  Avoid file-based APIs as they
don't work out of a WAR archive.  Use ServletContext's getResource() or getResourceAsStream()
instead:

For log4j property configuration:
PropertyConfigurator.configure(getServletContext().getResource("/WEB-INF/config.properties"));

Or generally to load properties:
InputStream is = getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/config.properties");
props.load(is);

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics