tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Web-application obfuscation issues
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:55:27 GMT

Howdy,
In practice, java code obfuscation is hardly ever worth the effort.
Anyone with enough interest will be able to decompile your stuff.

If you're concerned about unauthorized access to your webapp, invest
more time in the authorization and authentication layers.

If you're concerned about someone stealing the .war file itself, invest
more time in controlling the .war file and ability to copy if from its
repository to the outside.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics