tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Log4J and tomcat
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:11:29 GMT

Howdy,
FYI: we deploy in packed .war files (and have unpackWARs="false" in the
<Host> elements of server.xml).  We use log4j with a properties
configuration file.  The way we configure log4j is in a servlet
listener's contextInitialized(ServletContext sce) method, using
URL configurationFileUrl =
sce.getServletContext().getResource("/WEB-INF/config/log4j.prop");
PropertyConfigurator.configure(configurationFileUrl);

This works from wars, unpacked wars, etc.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics