tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MAURIN Pierre Alexis" <pierrealexis.mau...@mobilepermis.com>
Subject RE: Little system X Great architecture
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:00:10 GMT

For my own experience ... it engages only me ... but i think:

- Servlets are best used for services (and that's even better when
  they are directed by a controller such as struts brings)
- JSP are best used for presentation (ie. when you need to add
  html page as a result to an http call)
- EJB (Entity) are best used for accessing (storing / reading) databases
- EJB (Session) for an application parameters.

Hope it could help ...

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ
[mailto:Jose.Euclides@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br]
Envoyé : lundi 10 février 2003 15:37
À : 'Tomcat Users List'
Objet : Little system X Great architecture

Hi,
i need to code a system in which there is no many business rules, but i need
data persistence in a database. Even if this system will have an enterprise
users scope, should i use EJB technology? What about only servlets/jsp?
Regards,
Euclides.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -Albert Einstein