tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Jsp compilation avoiding writing \r\n characters
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:50:34 GMT
Hi,
There is a simple reason for all the \r\n characters, but they actually are in your jsp document.

See example :

<%= "TEST1" %>
<%= "TEST2" %>
<%= "TEST3" %>

Will return :

TEST1\r\nTEST2\r\nTEST3\r\n

But :
<%
  out.write("TEST1");
  out.write("TEST2");
  out.write("TEST3");
%>

Will return :

TEST1TEST2TEST3

For every return-char in a jsp document that is not with in a jsp-code block you will get
a \r\n

If you think you do not want to change the way you write your jsp pages you should look for
"Trim-filter" in google.com

Hope it helps
-reynir