tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Driscoll, Jerry" <jdrisc...@chesapeake.edu>
Subject Multiple SSL Certificates
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:38:28 GMT
I am running Tomcat 4.1 as a standalone server with two separate IP addresses (one for internet
and the other for intranet access), both pointing to the same application.  I ordered two
certificates from Verisign (who stated I needed two) and installed both in Tomcat using the
keystore utility. However, only one certificate is recognized. The internet certificate with
name test1.internet.app is recognized, but the other certificate with name test2.intranet.app
is not. Depending on which one I install first, that is the one that is recognized. So I called
Verisign (they do not support Tomcat) and they stated that I need to get Tomcat to support
multiple certificates. If I only need one, how do I get Tomcat to recognize both IP addresses
or both names?  Do I just define a virtual host for each IP address (or domain name) that
it serves in the server.xml file?

Jerry L. Driscoll
WEB Implementation Manager
Chesapeake College