tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Manual servlet deployment problems on 4.1.18
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:00:58 GMT

There are examples of how to setup servlets in web.xml in the web.xml file
in the /examples webapp that comes with Tomcat.  There's other good stuff in
the examples webapp as well.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hole [mailto:steve.hole@messagingdirect.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 11:40 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Manual servlet deployment problems on 4.1.18

In otherwords, I assumed the <servlet-name> element linked the <servlet>
and <servlet-mapping> elements.   Is that true?  The documentation for the
servlet-mapping functionality is not exactly great and there is no
documentation on the default mapping rules at all that I could find.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Cheers.

---
Steve Hole
Chief Technology Officer - Billing and Payment Systems
ACI Worldwide
<mailto:holes@ACIWorldwide.com>
Phone: 780-424-4922