tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: running servlet on Tomcat
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:04:49 GMT

This is a FAQ.

By default, the Invoker servlet is disabled for everything but the /examples
webapp for security reasons.  It really shouldn't be enabled for the
/examples webapp, either, but I'm sure that's a low priority for the dev
team.

If you want your servlet to be available, you need to either:

- enable the Invoker servlet (not recommended)

- explicitly map your servlet in web.xml using servlet and servlet-mapping
elements:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>com.myApp.MyServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/MyServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Check the docs, check the release notes for more info.

John