tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Apache
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:46:55 GMT

Agreed.  It's probably OK, but I would rather keep Tomcat isolated from port
80, and I try to avoid running any services as root on port 80 if I can help
it.

In many cases, Tomcat alone is sufficient to serve whatever content there is
to be served, but the additional flexibility and architecture benefits you
get from using Apache + Tomcat are too many for me to ignore.

John