tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Error 500 when trying to run /manager app.
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:48:55 GMT

Not sure about 4.0.4.  It has to be getting the roles from somewhere,
otherwise how does your existing tomcat-users.xml file know what "tomcat" or
"role1" is?  I only have access to 4.1.x versions of tomcat-users.xml, and
they look like this:

<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1,manager"/>
  <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin,manager"/>
</tomcat-users>

Yes, if you wish to deploy a manager app per virtual host, you must do so.
Not sure how it works in 4.0.4 (it might be broken).  In 4.1.x, all you do
is make a copy of manager.xml and drop it into the appropriate appBase
($CATALINA_HOME/appBase) for that host.

John