tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: [OT] free Database with Transaction (Sorry for the noise)
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:59:45 GMT

Thanks for the clarification, my point was that unless you're the Licensing
Coordinator for MySQL AB, a developer or organization might choose another
option in the interest of moving quickly with a guaranteed unencumbered
solution without having to wait for clarification from MySQL AB or involve
lawyers.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Robb [mailto:jakerobb@mac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [OT] free Database with Transaction (Sorry for the noise)

Internal and External refer to whether you compile the mySQL source into
your program and distribute that (internal), or you just distribute mySQL
along with your software (external).

The only important part is that you have to *distribute* the mySQL software
in order to incur charges.  As I said before, you can use it to drive your
web application free of charge.

-Jake

Erik Price wrote:

> Turner, John wrote:
>> I guess MySQL AB should remove the phrase "internal or external" from
>> the statement, then.  ;)
>
> I agree, it is confusing, and doesn't even say what context "internal"
> or "external" refers to.
>

> Erik

---