tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: [OT] free Database with Transaction (Sorry for the noise)
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:57:34 GMT

Without going into a whole argument...technically MySQL is not free for
commercial use.  If you use MySQL in a commercial setting, internal or
external, without purchasing a commercial license, you may do so only if the
application that uses MySQL is also GPL
(http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing.html).  This is something that many
companies (and developers) would prefer to avoid, for various reasons.
PostgreSQL has no such requirement as it is distributed under the BSD
license.

John