tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: R: Startup/shutdown script
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:57:31 GMT

In the script you posted, you aren't doing things the way that a
RH-installed script would do them.

For example, you aren't sourcing /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions, you aren't
calling daemon() or killproc(), etc. etc. etc.

I'm not sure what you want to see...are you saying that your script does not
stop Tomcat, or just that you don't get the pretty "OK" prompt?

If it's just the prompt, copy one of the scripts in /etc/init.d and insert
tomcat-specific commands where required.

John