tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Local/Internet access problem
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:32:41 GMT

Apache and Tomcat have to be configured to answer to the server name and URL
that you enter into your browser.

Typically, something like http://localhost/examples is a default, so it
works.  However, something like http://my.server.com/myApp does not.

If you're using the auto-config option of mod_jk, all you have to do is
setup a Host container in server.xml that sets up that host name.  Something
like:

<Host name="me.dyndns.org">

    <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
append="true" forwardAll="false"
modJk="/some/path/to/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so" />

    <Context path="/myApp" docBase="/some/path/to/myApp">

    </Context>

</Host>

Then restart Tomcat, then restart Apache.  If you're not using the
auto-config option, you'll need to do the same thing as above, but minus the
Listener container, and then do something like the following in Apache's
httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost xxx.dyndns.org>
    ServerName xxx.dyndns.org

    # Static files
    Alias /myApp "/some/path/to/myApp"

    <Directory "/some/path/to/myApp">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
    </Directory>

    <Location "/myApp/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all