tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Need help building connectors for Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat 4. 0.6 on RedHat 8.0
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:00:59 GMT

I'm not sure what is included in the Apache RPM, but you will probably need
the following:

- Connector source, preferably for JK (lots more support and help available,
though JK2 is in active development)

Then, you can build the connectors by:

cd /place/where/you/put/the/connector/source/jk/native
./buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apxs=/your/apache/path/apache/bin/apxs
make
make install

I'd say there's an 80% chance of success...RH's 2.0.40 isn't a "true"
2.0.40....that is, they've gone and taken fixes that were in .41, .42, .43,
and .44 and backported them to their .40 which makes their .40 sort of a
hybrid.

If I were you, I would uninstall the Apache RPM for 2.0.40, and build Apache
from source.  It's about as painless as can be:

./configure --with-prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-shared=so --enable-ssl
make
make install

Then you can build the connectors with the latest connector source, and
you'll get all of the latest Apache security fixes, too.  Using 4.0.6
shouldn't be a problem as long as you use mod_jk.  If you must stick with
RH's .40, there are people here who can probably help, but expect a little
bit of grief.

John