tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat/Apache/IIS configuration issues
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:57:26 GMT

Not sure about the JK2 thing.  AFAIK, there are several methods of
connecting with JK2: socket, in-process, etc.  Apparently the in-process
part is broken, but I don't know the details and could be wrong...I don't
use it enough to know.

In my opinion, you'll get a quicker response if you go with JK.  There are
many people using it in production who have experience configuring it and
debugging it.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Brantley Hobbs [mailto:bhobbs@itos.uga.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 9:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat/Apache/IIS configuration issues

Okay, I removed one of the ones in server.xml and restarted both Apache and
Tomcat.  (I removed the one with the address label on it).  I'm no longer
getting the bind error when I start Tomcat, however I still don't get a
connection between Apache and Tomcat (still getting 500 errors).

I saw a thread here that said that mod_jk2 doesn't work on UNIX (something
to that effect).  What's that all about?  Maybe I should just try mod_jk
instead.....

Brantley

---