tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Setting up Tomcat
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:28:08 GMT

In recent versions of Tomcat, the Invoker servlet is disabled for security
reasons by default.  The Invoker servlet is what lets you just dump a class
into WEB-INF and call it without mapping a URL.

You either need to enable the Invoker servlet (not recommended, especially
in production), or explicitly map your servlet and a URL in web.xml.

See the /examples webapp and the /examples web.xml file.

John