tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Connector issues - jk2, 4.1.18, 2.0.44
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:23:50 GMT

Current versions of JK and JK2 are fully compatible with Apache 2.0.43 and
2.0.44.

First, are you sure you compiled the connector against the Apache 2.0.44
source?  RH 8 comes with a munged Apache 2.0.40 if you took the defaults.
Is it possible that, while building the connectors, the APXS for that older
version of Apache was pulled in somehow?

Second, I would use the source packages in
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/ instead of the
package you used.  Or better yet, download a binary.

If you need a binary of mod_jk2 compiled against Apache 2.0.44 (on RH 7.2
but it shouldn't matter), check here:  http://www.johnturner.com/howto
NOTE:  I don't use JK2, I built that one for someone else who was having
problems building one and decided to post it to the website, since there
isn't one available from the Jakarta site that's built with the latest
source.  So, on the JK2 binary, YMMV.

HTH

John