tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.18 / apache 2.0.44 / red hat 8
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:33:38 GMT

Thanks.  My feelings on JK/JK2 are driven by the climate that was around
last summer, so they are probably out of date by now, but I move slowly. ;)
Basically, it was "JK2 works and that is where we are going, but JK is
probably better".  Of particular interest to me were comments made by the
connector dev team back then that JK2 was production ready on the Tomcat
side (CoyoteConnector) but "beta" on the Apache side (mod_jk2).  I know a
lot of work has been done on JK2 since then, and the "beta" part is probably
no longer the case, but I always tend to err on the side of caution, and
frankly, the way you configure JK just makes sense to me.

I'm hoping to get some time with JK2 very soon, but it won't be in
production.  Again, not because I feel JK2 isn't ready, but because of
personal preference and a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.  Until
I need features that JK2 has that JK doesn't, the incentive for me to push
JK2 into production on my servers will continue to be pretty low.

John