tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: installing TomCat
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:38:20 GMT

I would just download both mod_jk_1.3.so binaries from the Jakarta site.
One is EAPI, one is not.  Try it with each until the error goes away.  My
guess is that your Apache either has EAPI support compiled in or it doesn't,
and I don't know of a way to tell.  Somebody probably does.

The dir structure is puzzling, but my guess is it's because RH does things
their own way.  You'll probably want to run "httpd -v" and see what version
number pops out...it is very possible that you are running Apache 2 and you
don't know it, in which case you'll want to reconfigure accordingly.

I never enable or install the Apache that comes in RedHat, I always install
my own from source, but that is just old habit left over from the good old
days.  My point is that I can't really help specifically other than to
provide suggestions, as I typically don't start with the environment that
you have, which is why my HOWTOs talk about installing Apache.

John