tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: installing TomCat
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:10:55 GMT

Apache 1.3 modules can be compiled with support for API (EAPI) or not.  If
your Apache is expecting modules that support it, using a module that
DOESN'T support it can be anywhere from outright failure to "looks like it
will work".

I don't know where any WARP modules are, EAPI or not, in binary format.  You
could try building from source.  In any case, you would be better off using
JK or JK2 as WARP is no longer actively developed.

There are Apache 1.3 EAPI and NO-EAPI modules of JK here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.2
/bin/linux/i386/

As far as Tomcat not running on any other port than 8080, you would have to
provide more detail.  It could be anything, from a local firewall rule to
Apache or something else already running on the port you are trying to use.

John