tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: RE: Shutdown.sh does not work when long lasting operations, s uch as SQL Queries, are still active!
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:07:32 GMT

A lifecycle Listener is what I was thinking.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

See the section on "Lifecycle Listener".  YMMV...as I said I am no
developer.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas.Niehwoehner@arcor.net [mailto:Andreas.Niehwoehner@arcor.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:13 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: RE: Shutdown.sh does not work when long lasting operations,
such as SQL Queries, are still active!

Unfortunately there is no way to stop a thread (Thread.stop() is deprecated
and the native code, the threads are, in ignore Thread.interrupt()). What
kind of listener do you mean? We extended the javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet
class, but the destroy method does not get called until all http processor
threads have terminated.

> I think what you want to do is add/write a Listener that will look for
> the shutdown event and kill the threads and take other actions as
> appropriate. But, I'm no developer, so others might have better
> solution.
>
> John

---