tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <>
Subject RE: jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src cannot compile
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:26:29 GMT

Some suggestions:

1 - you should upgrade Apache, not because of JK, but because of the
security fixes between .40 and .44

2 - AFAIK, the 2.0.2 connector code will not compile with 2.0.40 but I could
be wrong...I do know that the connectors require .43, which implies to me
that .40, .41, and .42 will not work.  .44 is module compatible with .43.

3 - the easiest way (in my opinion) to build the connectors from source is:

./configure --with-apxs=/your/path/to/apache/bin/apxs
make install

4 - in one of my older HOWTOs, I describe what I had to do to get ant to

Warning: Could not find file
to copy.
------------------------------------------------------------ does not mention anything about coyote.   Is there an
email with which I can get into contact with the developer?  As a
newbie, I think that the README.txt file needs to be more extensive.

BTW, I fould the following:
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/server/lib/tomcat-coyote.jar.  I have then made a
symbolic link to trick ant at finding tomcat-coyote.jar where it expect
it to be, and went farther:

srcdir "/perm/web/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/java" does
not exist!

Not my lucky day. :)  I did not look things up further.  I assume that I
am doing something wrong from the start.  Any help is welcomed.

Hans Deragon

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: