tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.18 will not start for me(Hello am to facing the sa me problem is there anyone to help us out)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:20:04 GMT

Never saw that error before, but if I was getting it I would investigate two
things:

1) JDK version

2) file system permissions

Neither may be correct, that's just what I would look for first.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: zaf nasha [mailto:zafarnasha@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 1:04 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.1.18 will not start for me(Hello am to facing the same
problem is there anyone to help us out)

Dear John
If u get the way to solve this problem pls do reply me and send me solution,
i would be really  very grateful for your this kind help. zafar  John-P King
<john-p.king@db.com> wrote:I am trying to get tomcat version 4.1.18 to run
on a Windows 2000 server.
But after installing the JDK and then the tomcat server I cannot get it to
startup. When I try to start it a command window pops up and then goes
away without any text written to the window. I looked at the log files and
I see this:
stderr:
-------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
stdout:
-------
Bootstrap: Create Catalina server
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(Standar
dClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.(StandardClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoader
Factory.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)

Any guru's out there that might be able to help me out

---