tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Prasad Parigi <ppar...@issinfo.com>
Subject Tomcat4.1.18 and ClassCastException.
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:09:31 GMT
Hi,

	I am new to this mailing list and I get the following error while
using Tomcat. I tried out all options to resolve this. Any help is
appreciated. If this is not a proper way of communication, please let me
know.

I get an error "ClassCastException" when I try to use this line of code in
my JSP. This is using a Object database called CacheDatabase.

testclass = (ClassA)ClassA._open(dbconnection);

The return type from open is of type ClassA.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to process TestTomcat Page
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
48)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
FilterChain.java:247)
        at
ain.java:193)
        at
va:260)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
va:191)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
        at
)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
java:170)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at
        at
:174)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
        at
a:530)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

            Please help me on this as I have no idea why it shouldn't work.
It works fine on Jrun4 which also implements the JSP/Servlet version.

Thanks,

Prasad.