tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bing Zhang <BZh...@7thonline.com>
Subject how to block multiple servlet invokes triggered from clicking 'su bmit' multiple times
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:16:17 GMT

Sorry that I didn't put a meaningful subject in my previous email. Bing

-----Original Message-----
From: Bing Zhang [mailto:BZhang@7thonline.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 1:10 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Cc: Dan Yin; Jimmy Wu; Daniel Ruiz
Subject: how to block

Hi all:

	I have one problem right now, which many people here on the list
should have already experienced.

	For example, some post from browser take some time on the server
side(servlet code) to process.  Often times impatient user will click
multiple times on the "submit" button, Or "malicious" user will hold "Enter"
key to request it million times.  What's going to happen on the server side
is:  multiple threads onto the same servlet would be launched and resources
would be used up, like connections, and CPU processing time.

      So what's a general approach to prevent this ??  No matter the
solution is on the client side (HTML/JavaScript), the server
side(servlet/JSP), or combined.  Can you guys pass some experience, ideas,
thoughts on this ??

	Thank you so much.

	Bing