tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Question about Context vs web-app
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:35:42 GMT

Yes, exactly. Context == deployed webapp.

> Can any tags that can be placed in a
> web-app also be placed in a Context? Thanks very much.

No.  The stuff that's in web.xml is standard Servlet spec stuff, and
Tomcat treats it just like other containers do.

The stuff in a Context declaration is Tomcat-specific.  You can't
include stuff from web.xml in it.  You can see everything that you *can*
include in it here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html
Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863