tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Class library question
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:56:03 GMT

Context.  The context is a Servlet spec web application.

> Is there any way to
> map where it looks for classes for an entire host?

Classes shared between webapps can be put in
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes (or shared/lib for JARs).  Unfortunately
this is not currently configurable.

> Is there a
> much better way to do what I am trying?

It sounds like you might just want to configure "hostroot" as the root
context directory.  Make your context have docBase="/hostroot" and
path="".  I believe each host can have its own root context directory.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863