tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roberts, Eric" <Eric.Robe...@one.at>
Subject Apache-Tomcat-HPUX Problems
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:49:26 GMT
Hi,

Does anybody on the list run under HPUX?

We are running:

HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 (tb)
Tomcat 4.1.18
Apache 1.3.24
Oracle 8.1.7

Tomcat and Apache communicate via mod_jk.

We use DBCP to provide a global Db connection pool.

Everything works fine.

We are running Apache only because we wish to use it for loadbalancing to multiple Tomcat
instances.

Here is the problem:

At first we tried installing Apache 2.0.44 - but we got compiler warnings and when we try
to start it we get core dumps. We can build and run Apache 1.3.24.

The mod_jk.so was compiled from the Tomcat 3.3.1a source, as this had some specific HPUX build
instructions.

As I say, in normal operation, everything is fine, but with loadbalancing enabled, if I drop
the first instance of Tomcat, Apache coredumps as soon as a browser request is received. The
Apache error log shows that the child process (mod_jk) caused the fault.

I believe this is all to do with the DSO support of HPUX (we compiled with GNU compiler).

Anybody out there on HPUX who can shed some light?

Thanks

Eric Roberts