tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: Respecting the User List
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:28:56 GMT
Couldn't have said it better myself.  While it has proven for some
entertainment it is getting pretty frustrating.  What amazes me the most is
that he promises over and over again that he will try to "be better" it
never happens.  It's amazing that all the great people in this list still
try to help him, and yet he still doesn't show the slightest hint of any
manners.  I think its time to go with John's suggestion of a filter.

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl [mailto:carl@thesportsregister.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 4:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Respecting the User List

Steve,

I just wanted to echo Nicole's sentiments.  I asked for help just once on
this list and John Turner pointed me in the right direction and I was off
and running.  I was courteous (and desperate) and help was there.  I now
read practically every email that is sent because I have found it a very
good way to educate myself about Tomcat and JSP in general.  Lots of people
get lots of help.

You, on the other hand, have provided hours of entertainment as you trash
the very people who are trying to help you.  If you hate the people who try
to provide help so much, please take your requests elsewhere.  I would miss
the entertainment but would not miss the clutter in my inbox.  The people
who respond regularly to questions are really know their stuff and are
trying to be helpful, the kind of people you would want for your good
friends.  Would you treat your good friends like your treat these people?

Carl Kabbe