tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tiago Ferraz Machado" <tfer...@cpqd.com.br>
Subject RES: Multiple Apache Instances
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:12:28 GMT
Hello,

The major answer is yes, you can have two Apache's at the same machine.

To answer the question "Why we got the 'Permission Denied' ?" I must ask what's the new value
of the Port and if the user that started the Apache is the root.

But my advice is, instead having two Apache's is to configure Virtual Hosts. Have you tried
this ??

[]'s

Tiago.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Ramkumar Krishnan [mailto:ramkumark@tarangtech.com]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 26 de fevereiro de 2003 03:18
Para: Tomcat Users List
Assunto: Multiple Apache Instances

Hi,
    My team wants to have two instances of Apache1.3 in the same mahcine.They changed the
port of one instance.When they tried to run, they are getting "Permission Denied" error.Why
is it so?..My first question is "can we have two instances in a single machine???"..

Any help would be appreciated..

thanks,
Ramkumar