tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: compression filter problem
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 05:05:47 GMT

All I found was your web.xml file.  You'll need to re-attach your jsp and
java files.

Note that I posted stuff about this and still haven't found a simple solution.
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg82477.html

Jacob Hookum figured out a way to do it using the same logic as the filter
in Tomcat's "examples" app.  However, that one seems unnecessarily
complex.  It seems the problem is resetting the content-type  and
content-length headers.  I try to set them, but they just don't change and
I just don't understand why.  Must be somewhat perplexing because no one
else came up with a reason why they weren't being set either.  Not sure if
it is a bug in Tomcat or what???

Anyway, if you figure it out, make sure you post your solution.  I'd be
very interested in it.  I'll do likewise.

Jake