tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Conflicts between 2 lib in Tomcat 4.0.3
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:16:32 GMT

hmm....

Seems to me that they might have been accessing the Xerces implementation
classes rather than just the public interfaces.  If they were doign things
like loading classes dynamically such as using
Class.forName("com.mypackage.MyClass") you would get exactly this problem
because that will only look for the class in the current classloader
instead of looking at all available classloaders.  If you can post a
stacktrace, we might be able to make that determination.  Without a full
stack trace, no one will be able to help you much further.  Also, in what
environment was all this working before?  A previous versions of
Tomcat?  If so, which version?  And why not stick with that version....or
make the developers fix the bad coding?

Jake