tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: kept getting HTTP Status 404 - please help. thanx.
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:23:57 GMT

Glad you got it working :-)

Both the admin and manager apps can use arbitrary usernames and
passwords.  The only requirement is that a user have the roles "admin" or
"manager" for each respective app.  So, in tomcat-users.xml, add something
like...

<user username="myManagerUser" password="whateverPasswordIChoose"
roles="manager"/>
<user username="myAdminUser" password="anotherPasswordIChose" roles="admin"/>
<user username="someOtherSuperUser" password="myFavoritePassword"
roles="manager,admin"/>

Jake