tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: kept getting HTTP Status 404 - please help. thanx.
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 06:03:17 GMT

Are you accessing it like this?....

http://localhost:8080/servlet/MyServlet

If so, note that the "/servlet/*" mapping is for the invoker servlet which
is commented out (by default) in Tomcat conf/web.xml.  Uncomment the
mapping for the invoker servlet and you will be able to access your servlet.

BTW, you should always put your servlet in an actual package if you haven't
already.  Something like com.mycompany.MyServlet instead of placing your
classes in the root of WEB-INF/classes which is the default package.  You
can't import the default package.

Jake