tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martijn <mart...@7b1.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.18 and J2EE server (default server that ships with the J2EE) problem
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:35:05 GMT
Dear reader,

I've been trying to let Tomcat remotely call an EJB (Enterprise Java Bean) from a JSP page.
But so far without any result (but many different exceptions). I am new to Tomcat, so I guess
I am missing something somewhere.

Tomcat runs in a separate JVM and so does the default J2EE server (so basically 2 different
locations). The EJB deployed at the J2EE servers JNDI name is ejb/AuthorRef. I've created
a simple web.xml file that goes with the JSP, which content is:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

<!-- EJB Reference -->
    <ejb-ref>
      <description>Author Bean</description>
      <ejb-ref-name>ejb/AuthorRef</ejb-ref-name>
      <ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
      <home>ejbbeans.AuthorHome</home>
      <remote>ejbbeans.Author</remote>
    </ejb-ref>
</web-app>

The code in the JSP I used to locate the EJB is:

Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory");
env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://127.0.0.1:1050");
env.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","com.sun.enterprise.naming");
InitialContext context = new InitialContext(env);
Object ref    = context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/AuthorRef");

The last line (of the code) causes an exception. Such as "object not bound to this Context"
and alike. I don't know what I am doing wrong, or what I should do different as I haven't
found any good documentation about this subject.  I hope someone knows what I should do. I
am really stuck now.. at Suns Java forum no-one seems to know either... Thanx a lot in advance!

Regards Martijn