tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tbye>
Subject Preserve wildcard domains for access from request.getServerName()
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:19:17 GMT
I currently use Tomcat 4.1.18 with Apache. I have all wildcard domains
mapped to my Controller servlet. When a request is made to the servlet and
I call request.getServerName(), the sub-domain is being truncated from the
Full Qualified Domain Name. Anyone know of a solution/configuration that
will allow my servlet to see the original FQDN that made the request.
For example. If a user hits I want request.getServerName()
to return ""... right now it returns "".

Yes, the server name in Apache is "". There is a serveralias to

Yes, server.xml is configured as <Host name=""... />

I am familiar with the <Alias></Alias> tags however having tested
<Alias>*</Alias> I know that it will not work.

Is there a way to preserve these wildcard subdomains such that
getServerName() will show them?

Any help is appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: