tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tbye ...@viperpit.com>
Subject Wildcard sub-domains being truncated
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 23:23:04 GMT
I currently use Tomcat 4.1.18 with Apache. I have all wildcard domains
mapped to my Controller servlet. When a request is made to the servlet and
I call request.getServerName(), the sub-domain is being truncated from the
Full Qualified Domain Name. Anyone know of a solution/configuration that
will allow my servlet to see the original FQDN that made the request.

For example. If a user hits bob.domain.com. I want request.getServerName()
to return "bob.domain.com"... right now it returns "domain.com".

Yes, the server name in Apache is "domain.com". There is a serveralias to
*.domain.com.

Yes, server.xml is configured as <Host name="domain.com"... />

Is there a way to preserve these wildcard subdomains such that
getServerName() will show them?
Thanks,Tyler