tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net>
Subject classloader issues using ../common/lib vs. ../shared/lib
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:11:10 GMT
Are there any potential classloader problems with putting .jar files that
are shared across webapps (ie. junit, cactus, etc) in ../common/lib vs.
../shared/lib?

We've been tossing .jars into ../common/lib, but after reading the Tomcat
classloader how-to it seems that's discouraged, ie. should be done only
when the classes are needed both by Tomcat and applications such as db
drivers for JDBC realm and application use. I'm guessing, but does putting
the .jars in ../shared/lib would spread work out better between classloaders?

Our application and integration tools are working great, but the fact we're
not configured the way the how-to suggests concerns me.

TIA