tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan McGowan <dmcgo...@ebia.com>
Subject Re: tomcat crash puzzle
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:25:24 GMT
Justin, Yoav, Peter,
     Thanks for the suggestions...I will put them to work and report my
findings!
Dan
====================================
Dan --

As Peter Lin said, it does look like you've got a slow leak (which
you'll
want to look at eventually), but it doesn't look like it's affecting
your
crashes.  If it was, you'd see something much more dramatic and much
more
obvious -- yours looks pretty normal.

As Yoav mentioned in her reply, the KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE in the logs
indicates a kernel level error likely caused by the JVM.  That's
obviously
not favorable territory to be in.  If you can figure out which thread is
causing the failure (and what that thread is responsible for), it'd be
useful.  If it's a Tomcat thread, there's hope.  If not, I'd check
(who's
JVM are you using?)'s site for logged bugs and/or JVM patches or
updates.  I don't have any experience with Macs, so that's about all I
can
suggest...

Hope that helps,
justin