tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: JDK DNS cache (was Re: crontab problems)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:16:29 GMT
Thats like comparing apples to cowbells. The DNS caching issue is part
of the package. (Actually, the sun classes which implement
that) So anything which relies on has this issue. This issue
has nothing to do with session  or application scope.

More information:

Michael Micek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:57:11AM -0500, Tim Funk wrote:
>>Ron Day wrote:
>>>Do you know which class cache the negative response............
>>Its a JDK issue.
>>(IIRC) Successful (and unsucessful?) DNS lookups are cached forever
>>during the life of the JVM.
> The web application developer I'm supporting has instructed me to ask:
> Would this be true if the jsp or session didn't have application scope?
> If it isn't true for session scope then it's a design not JDK issue..

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message