tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: crontab problems
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:57:11 GMT
It doesn't matter. Its a JDK issue.

(IIRC) Successful (and unsucessful?) DNS lookups are cached forever
during the life of the JVM. So if you start tomcat on Jan 1, 2003 and
tomcat looks up foo.com that day - the lookup (across the network) is
not done again. So if the address changes Jan 2 tomcat will have the
wrong answer. And continue to have the wrong answer until the JVM is
restarted.

Yes - this stinks for long running servers. I do not know if this is
still an issue in JDK 1.4.

Once way to get around this is to find a class which re-implements the
DNS protocols. (ICK)

-Tim