tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kris Nuttycombe" <Kris.Nuttyco...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Problem with tomcat and commons-logging.jar
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:59:21 GMT
You may want to check that you don't have two copies of the jar file in
your classpath - even though this shouldn't really matter I have run
into similar errors when I accidentally had the same jarfile in both my
/common/lib and /WEB-INF/lib directories.

Kris

NJ Rogers wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have tomcat-4.1.12 installed without apache, use the java j2sdk
>version 1.4.0_02 and have more than one webapp in the same tomcat
>installation.
>
>Two of my webapps run fine, but the third - Axis - (although relatively
>"happy"), causes probs when I try to connect to it from the command
>line client.
>I get:
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org.apache.commons.lo
>gging.LogFactory
>        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.class$(LogFactory.java:8
>4)
>etc ..
>

>I have searched various mailing lists & have found others with the same
>problem. Although it appears initially to be a basic classpath issue,
>in fact I (as with others) have tried sticking the commons-logging.jar
>in the likely places, to no avail.
>
>I found one poss solution on the lists, but it was a solution via
>the apache workers2.properties file.
>
>Does anyone know of a solution purely for tomcat?
>
>Many thanks
>Nikki
>
>----------------------
>NJ Rogers
>nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
>Technical Researcher
>(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
>ILRT
>Institute for Learning and Research Technology
>University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square,   BRISTOL
>BS8 1HH, UK
>Tel:  ++44(0)117 928 7096 (Direct)
>Tel:  ++44(0)117 928 7193 (Office)
>Fax: ++44(0)117 928 7112
>http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk

Kris Nuttycombe
Associate Scientist
Geospatial Data Services Group
CIRES, National Geophysical Data Center/NOAA
(303) 497-6337
Kris.Nuttycombe@noaa.gov