tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <>
Subject Re: JDBC & ORACLE implementation !
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:00:58 GMT

Chong Yu Meng wrote:
> As a rough
> indicator (and I invite others to correct me), it takes :
> - 1 month to understand Oracle
> - 2 weeks to get JDBC working the way you want

Is this indicator specific to Oracle?  I set up the MySQL JDBC driver
and had working queries in a matter of hours.  (I am not using complex
database abstractions, simply submitting SQL queries with JDBC classes.)

> - 1 week to learn about file i/o

I'm not sure about the Java tutorial on this topic, but if you read the
File I/O chapter of Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java" (which you can
download at ), you can have File I/O basics down in
a couple of hours.

(My thoughts)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: