tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sophie seillier <>
Subject no application changes consideration
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:51:06 GMT

I have a Tomcat 4.1.12 server which running with j2sdk 1.4.1_01 on
RedHat 7.3.
I ha ve the following problems :
an application (GINA.war) is deployed on my server. This application is
composed with java classes and jsp pages.

First problem : I can't access the jsp pages. The message is the following :
    servlet jsp is currently unavalaible
    the requested service (Servlet jsp is currently unavailable) is
currently unavailable

Second problem : when I make changes on the source code of my
application (GINA.war), these changes don't take effect.
I do the following :
    - I modify the source code
    - I compile and build the GINA.war with "ant"
    - I delete the GINA directory end the GINA.war file in the
    - I delete all the files and directories in
    - I copy my new GINA.war file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
    - I restart the server with $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/ run
and the aplication changes don't take effect..... Like the application
source code have not been changed...

In the Tomcat logs I have the following errors :

2003-02-18 11:13:58 StandardWrapper[/ldap:invoker]: Loading container
servlet invoker
2003-02-18 11:13:58 StandardWrapper[/ldap:jsp]: Marking servlet jsp as
2003-02-18 11:13:58 StandardContext[/ldap]: Servlet /ldap threw load()
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
org.netbeans.modules.tomcat.tomcat40.runtime.IDEJspServlet or a class it
depends on
2003-02-18 11:34:58 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet jsp is currently

Thanks for your help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message