tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Roberts <...@mentata.com>
Subject Re: Problem: Processes java open in linux red-hat / Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:05:47 GMT
ezio.scotti@tiscali.it wrote:
> Server Config:
>
> Linux red hat 7.2. (or 7.4)
> Tomcat 4.1.18
> JDK 1.4.1
>
> But when I shutdown the tomcat (shutdown.sh) these java processes are not
> cleaned (they are pending in process list),
> so the become full of java processes
> There is a command (or option) to clean these java processes when shutdown
> Tomcat ?

I have the *exact* same server config versions (what is RH 7.4?). I'm no
expert yet, but after reading your message I tested this on my system.
None of my processes were left hanging. I know that's probably not the
answer you wanted, but it's probably something unique to your
environment. One important difference may be that I am only running
tomcat standalone for now. I mention that because I know web servers can
sometimes leave process threads hanging.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com